Sunday 20 March 2016

Carrot Walnut Chocolate Chips Muffins


I been craving for muffins lately.  I used making them every weekend because of my work, that need to do lots of demonstrations on ovens many years ago.  It could be that, that had stopped me from making them again in my own kitchen.  Well, those desire and fun of baking them are back lately.  

Those outside muffins normally are not up to my desired taste.  Therefore, I would  make it as my  this weekend project.  Muffins are great for breakfast on the go or as your late-morning snack and of course it will be perfect for your hi-tea too.  There are lots of variations of tastes.   The one that I am going to share with you all, are not too sweet, even though it has chocolate chips in it and has a great combination of carrot and the crunchy of walnuts.

This is another easy to make recipe and it suitable for every one at home or any occasion.

Ingredients

130g butter
150g soft brown sugar (I used only 100g as I preferred less sweet)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
150g grated carrot
100g coarsely chopped walnuts
60g chocolate chips
60g sultanas
200ml fresh milk
350g all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder


Instructions

1.   Use a sieve and shift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder & salt.  Set aside.
2.   In a mixing bowl, combine soft brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla essence.  Cream them until light.
3.   Add in grated carrot, chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and sultanas and stir in the sifted dry ingredients.
4.   Pour in milk and mix until well combined.
5.   Fill-up greased muffin pans with batter up to 3/4 full.
6.   Bake in a preheated oven at 200 Celsius degree for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are well risen and firm to touch.















No comments:

Post a Comment