Sunday 30 September 2012

Garlic Butter Fried Rice #SundaySupper


Today will be a special Sunday for me as it is also the Mid-Autumn Festival which also known as the Mooncake Festival celebrated by the most of Chinese community.  The festival is held on the 15th day of the eight month of the Chinese Lunar calendar, that's today.  Traditionally, all family members would gather in the evening to celebrate after the dinner.  Varieties of fruits and mooncakes will be prepared and they would lightened up lanterns with  candles at home or a community open park for this "appreciate of the moon" festival.  This year I will celebrate with Simon alone as both of us unable to join our family members and this will be our first Mid-Autumn Festival together.

Besides what  need to prepare as mentioned above, I have to thank our most jovial #SundaySupper member - Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites for her wonderful idea for this week theme.  Dishes in Five Ingredients or Less.  What do you think?  Challenging right?  But, I believe you will love this event when you got to see the creative menu list from more than 50 contributors of #SundaySupper with this theme.  It will definitely will be a helpful menu for those busy mothers  and who have busy daily schedule like me.  Can't wait to see the rest of what of the rest have prepared.

My choice for this theme is Garlic Butter Fried Rice.  Rice is an essential food for most of the Asian to go with other dishes.  To make it more savory and to save time to prepare other dishes, this recipe will be ideal for those who always rush of time.  You only need four main ingredients for this recipe - rice, butter, eggs and garlic.  It will be a brilliant recipe if you happen to have left over white rice as overnight white rice always have a better result when you fried it.  You may choose to just take it plain like that or serve with some side simple dishes or ready made food.  For example, I like it to go with some Chinese sausage that I have cut into tiny cubes that I have saute with a small portion of oil and some saute garlic and onions, fresh cucumbers and some chopped scallions.  Does this sounds good?  Let's try this out!


INGREDIENT
3 bowls of white rice
2 tbsp of butter
2 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
2 eggs (beaten)
Salt and ground pepper to taste
Some chopped scallions (optional)


DIRECTIONS

1.   Melt butter in a large pan or wok.  Add in garlic until they start to turn brown and
      fragrance with low heat.  Add in salt and ground pepper as desired.  Toss it constantly.


2.   While waiting for the butter and garlic to ready, add the beaten egg into on the white rice
      and mix it well.

3.   When the butter and garlic are ready, add in the rice which were mixed well with beaten
      eggs.


4.   Continue to toss for another few minutes.

5.   Garnish with some chopped scallions and serve with some side dishes when it is still hot.




Here is the line-up from the #SundaySupper family:
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
Main Dishes:
Desserts:
Beverages:


60 comments:

  1. I eat a lot of rice, so this is just perfect for me! What´s not to love about garlic and rice? Have a great celebration Faye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both garlic and butter are good combination....Thank you Paula!

      Delete
  2. Okay! I'm off to make this right now! No reason I can't enjoy it for dinner tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just screams comfort to me! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'm seriously craving for some of this right now!Looks incredible and love how easy it is :)I'm surely going to make this very very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be making this fabulous recipe this week! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel! Please let me know the how does it turn out:D

      Delete
  6. Oh, I need to try this for dinner! It would be a fun alternative to my usual garlicky rice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I miss celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival, I grew up in Hong Kong and the Mid-Autumn Festival was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...that's good to hear, Laura. Maybe we should meet in Hong Kong for the next Mid-Autumn Festival ya:)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow that would be amazing. I can't wait to show my husband and daughter around Hong Kong.

      Delete
  8. Yum! I will put this on our Dinner List for next week! Simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and hope your will enjoy your dinner with this recipe!

      Delete
  9. This is another Lovely Lent recipe I am going to have to hold onto for later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks really good! Love garlic and rice together.. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Melanie, garlic really goes well with the rice! Thanks for your visit!

      Delete
  11. You cannot ever go wrong with garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making fried rice here. This is completely different than I normally make, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not had fried rice in a while. I usually got it when dining at a restaurant but lately it has been too salty for me. I like your recipe because it is simple and I can control the saltiness of it by making it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Renee! What's is more healthier than home-cooked food! Have a great day!

      Delete
  14. This looks so yummy. Next time I make rice I want to try this! Is there a certain type of rice you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lane, I just used normal rice that I bought from the store. Glad you like it. Happy trying!

      Delete
  15. Love this recipe! I always look for a way to spice up rice. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks awesome!!! I love rice and it's a great way to make it different! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm putting it on my MUST cook list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you enjoyed your Mooncake Festival! I love fried rice and your simple version sounds delicious!!! Perfect for #Sunday Supper~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! This looks great Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love fried rice! The butter and garlic sound great! I'll have to try this method...it's a little different from how i usually make fried rice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Garlic butter! Fried rice! Double yum. Can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUMMM!! Garlic Butter Fried Rice, love this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My kids are going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Garlic is one of my absolute favorite ingredients! I never seem to find the energy or time to make a side dish or a starch to complement my dinner, so I'm excited for this recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessary to prepare side dish....this fried rice is good enough:D

      Delete
  24. I make something very similar the only difference is that I add small broken up pieces of spaghetti noodles in with it but didnt use the egg. So I am going to try it this way for dinner tonight! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great idea! Hope your fried rice turn out good! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wondering how much is "3 bowls of rice". Can you give me how many cups of uncooked rice to start with?
    Thanks
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi...3 bowls of white rice refers above are cooked rice. You may use 1 bowl of uncooked rice to with the above given ingredients. Leave it to totally cold or fridge it overnight before you fried to get a better result. Hope its answer your questions. Thanks for your visit, ladies! Happy Trying!

      Delete
  27. Yum,yum gonna make me some!!! (O: This is going to be the very next dish that I make. It looks TOO delishuss and is sooooo easy to make. Garlic, butter, and rice! What a combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try it out! It's taste good! Thanks for your visit!

      Delete
  28. This looks absolutely yummy! Would a bowl of rice be about equal to 1 measuring cup?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes Linda, is almost the same measure. Glad you it! Happy trying.

    ReplyDelete
  30. May I please know what rice have you used? I understand White Rice, but is it Basmati, Sticky or what?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Rajesh! My hubby is the person who behind of all the photos on this blog. Thanks for popping by too!

    ReplyDelete