It's football season for all Americans now. I was a little puzzle when I saw the theme for this week #SundaySupper - Football Tailgating Menu. This week #SundaySupper hosted by Lane from Supper for a Steal, the big fan of Football. After done some online research I finally got the whole idea! Thanks for #SundaySupper always given me an opportunity to explore further on other countries tradition and their seasonal menus and recipes. I love the idea to get together family and friends to have tailgating party and have fun before the match. How I wish I could have a chance to join one of them.
Being a fans of spicy food, I have selected Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken, hope it could spice-up your Tailgating event. A snack for any of your favorite match whether you prefer to watch it live at the stadium or enjoying it on your comfort couch in front of the television at home. You even can pre-prepared it at home as this is so easy to make, and goes better with a can of cold beer. Please make sure you prepare more as you may end-up keep chewing it and I am sure it will taste better than the regular popcorn!
400gm chicken breast meat, cut into bite size cubes
4 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp (or up to your taste) cayenne pepper (chili powder)
1 tsp of ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1 cup of oil for deep frying
- Beat the egg in a bowl and pour the beaten egg and ground black pepper over the chicken cubes and mix well. Mix sure all pieces of chicken are coated with the egg and the spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the all purpose flour, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Heat up oil in the wok or pan and place on a medium heat.
- Dip pieces of chicken into the mixed flour and being sure they are fully covered.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces, flip the pieces and it will take about 3-4 minutes to cook and the pieces should be in golden brown.
- Remove from wok or pan and drain on paper towels.
Serve the popcorn chicken hot and don't forget the beer!
Popcorn Chicken in Popcorn Cup
Popcorn Chicken in Lunch Box
Join us around the family table this Sunday Supper as we share our favorite football season recipes and tailgating tips all day long. Follow us on twitter at 7pm EST for the live #SundaySupper chat and share your favorites. We would love to add your recipes to our Football Tailgating Menu.