First at all, I would like to apologize to all my followers and readers of this blog for my long absent. Guess most of you must be wondering what had happened to me. No worries, nothing serious, is just that I was busy preparing for my wedding reception which was held on May 17th. You definitely don't want to know the stress that I have gone through and am glad is all over now! The worse is the both my husband and me were down with a very very bad flu and cough....and these lasted for more than 2 weeks and only yesterday, I am back with some energy to get back to the kitchen.
The first dish that was in my mind is soup......a warm and nourishing soup for both of us who are still not fully recovered yet. And here is the recipe of this soup that I wish to share with all of you - Apple Lean Pork Soup, a Chinese style healthy soup that had special nourishes your lungs and good of expelling your phlegm problem which is just perfect for both of us at this juncture of time.
My Apple Lean Pork Soup not only using apple and lean pork but there are others important ingredients that's made this soup so perfect. Among them are dried scallop, snow fungus, lily bulbs, red lotus seeds and dried tangerine peel. Let me share what are these ingredients good in. Apples are well-known in promoting your digestion, snow fungus is good in nourishes yin and moistens the dryness in your body system. Whereby, dried scallop is good for your liver and kidneys. Overall this soup is suitable for those who often lack of rest, suffers from cold and chronic cough. Try it out and you won't regret, that what I can promise you!
3 apples (medium size)
3 pcs dried scallop
30 gm snow fungus
40 gm lily bulb
40 gm red lotus seeds
1 pc dried tangerine peel
300 gm lean pork
4 litre of water
Salt for seasoning
1. Soak dried tangerine peel until soft and scrap-off the white pith.2. Soak snow fungus until soft, rinse and set aside
3. Soak dried scallops until soft and break them in a small pieces.
4. Rinse apples, remove stems and core. Cut them into pieces.
5. Rinse lily bulbs and red lotus seeds and set a side.
6. In a wok or pot of boiling water, blanch the piece of lean pork for about 5 minutes.
7. Make sure both sides are blanched
8. Set a side when the meat has been blanched.
9. Bring the 4 litre of water to boil in a pot.
10. Once boiling, start to place in all ingredients into the pot.
11. Lets it boil in high heat for 5 minutes and turn to low heat after that and let it simmer for 3 hours. Turn off heat and season with salt.
12. Serve it while its still hot. Enjoy!