Happy Sunday everyone! Glad I am able to join the #SundaySupper again! This week theme is One Pot Recipe and this event is host by Amy Kim from Kimci Mom.
Even though I am not living in a country with four seasons but I know the weather is going cooler towards the end of the year at most of the countries especially to most of our #SundaySupper members. The kitchen chief at home of course will start cracking their head what kind of comfort food to ward their family members. So, you must not miss this week #SundaySupper event that will give you a long list of easy-to-make-recipe - One Pot. What's more convenient cooking ways that just need to put everything in a pot?
I have chosen a claypot as my main cooking stool for this theme. For us Chinese, we believe a claypot dish will able to maintain the food warm temperature and best during the cold weather. Here is my new toy in my kitchen - the claypot!
Braised Tofu is always my favorite but I have not tried it in a claypot and I am confident that it will turn-out good. And, it really does not disappointed us! From the first bite on the tofu, it was marvelous - you still feel the hotness and juice in it. I am quite certain the tenderness of the tofu because I had deep fried them before hand. It's really make lots of different. Beside tofu, I have added some chicken breast meat to enrich the taste of the gravy. Other ingredients are button mushrooms and vegetables.
Well, let see whether this One Pot dish will get your attention!
4 pcs tofu, cut into cubes
1/2 carrot, sliced
1/2 cauliflower, cut into small sizes
8-10 snow peas
1 can of button mushroom, halve
5 slices of ginger
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp cooking oil
Oil for deep fry tofu
300 gm chicken breast meat, cut into cubes
Marinade chicken meat with:
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
A pinch of corn flour
2 cups of water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 oyster sauce
(Mix all the above)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
Optional: Corn starch
1 tbsp corn flour
2-3 tbsp water
1. Heat-up a wok of water to blanch all vegetables (cauliflower, carrot & snow peas). This step is remove the raw taste, so that it will blend in well with tofu.
2. Heat-up oil and deep fry the tofu until golden brown and crispy.
3. Heat-up claypot with 1 tbsp cooking oil, saute sliced ginger and chopped garlic until fragrant.
4. Add in marinated chicken breast cubes and stir fry.
5. Pour in the combination of seasoning of soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and water. Cover-up and let it simmer in a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Add in other ingredients - button mushrooms
7. Add in fried tofu
8. Add in vegetables
9. Add in salt and ground pepper.
10. Let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
11. Let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes. If you like the gravy to be thicker, you may add in the corn starch water
12. This hot claypot braised tofu is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Don't forget to check-out what recipe of others #SundaySupper members has to share with you for this Fall and the coming Winter.
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Spicy Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by Momma’s Meals
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by a distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots