After a short absent from the kitchen for few days, I was actually started to crave for something comforting and of course it has to be easy to prepare and less hassle as is a weekday and I have limited time for preparation. Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is my choice!
This soup does not take much of time even though I prefer to make my own homemade simple chicken stock instead of using those ready made from store. Of course, it will give a better taste to the soup especially when added with sweet corn and shredded chicken. I believe this creamy soup suitable to everyone at home. It's goes well with toasted bread too! Let's get started and see how easy it this.
4 cups of water
1/4 chicken (discard skin)
1 big onion, dice
1/2 tbsp ground pepper
Salt to taste
SWEET CORN CHICKEN SOUP4 cups of homemade chicken stock
1 can of cream style sweet corn
1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp corn flour, dissolved in water
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
Some chopped cilantro & scallion to garnish
1. Bring a pot to boil water for chicken stock. Once boiled, add in chicken, onion, ground
pepper, salt and cook for about 20 - 30 minutes with low heat.
3. Remove the meat from the bones and shred the meat.
chicken, combine well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Add in soy sauce, ground pepper and salt and slowly stir in the beaten eggs.
6. Lastly, add in the corn starch and stir gently. Let it cook for another few minutes until
your desire thickness.
7. Add in sesame oil and stir well before you ladle the soup in the bowl.
8. Garnish with some chopped cilantro and scallions and serve when its hot.