Thursday 29 November 2012

Sweet Corn Chicken Soup


My apologies for being silent again for more than a week.  It was indeed a challenging period  for me from now on, as we will be spare our weekends to hunt for whatever needed for our new house which we planned to move in middle of January.  While being busy with our new house renovations arrangement, suddenly I was hit by a bad news of the passing of my beloved uncle, that has made me lost of direction for few days.  I even had missed my regular participation in last week #SundaySupper, which I have planned to join.  Life still have to go on.....this is what being advised by Simon....and am agree with him.  Life indeed have to go on and we should live to the fullest as we can!

After a short absent from the kitchen for few days, I was actually started to crave for something comforting and of course it has to be easy to prepare and less hassle as is a weekday and I have limited time for preparation.  Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is my choice!  

This soup does not take much of time even though I prefer to make my own homemade simple chicken stock instead of using those ready made from store.  Of course, it will give a better taste to the soup especially when added with sweet corn and shredded chicken. I believe this creamy soup suitable to everyone at home.  It's goes well with toasted bread too! Let's get started and see how easy it this.


INGREDIENTS

CHICKEN STOCK 
4 cups of water
1/4  chicken (discard skin)
1 big onion, dice
1/2 tbsp ground pepper
Salt to taste




SWEET CORN CHICKEN SOUP
4 cups of homemade chicken stock
1 can of cream style sweet corn
1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp corn flour, dissolved in water
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil

Some chopped cilantro & scallion to garnish


DIRECTIONS

1.    Bring a pot to boil water for chicken stock.  Once boiled, add in chicken, onion, ground
       pepper, salt and cook for about 20 - 30 minutes with low heat.  




2.    Strain the soup from the pot into a large bowl.  Save the cooked chicken and discard the
       onions.


3.    Remove the meat from the bones and shred the meat.



4.    Heat-up the chicken stock in medium heat.  Add in sweet corn and later the shredded
       chicken, combine well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.


5.   Add in soy sauce, ground pepper and salt and slowly stir in the beaten eggs.

6.   Lastly, add in the corn starch and stir gently.  Let it cook for another few minutes until
       your desire thickness.


7.   Add in sesame oil and stir well before you ladle the soup in the bowl.

8.   Garnish with some chopped cilantro and scallions and serve when its hot.






6 comments:

  1. That soup looks perfect for a cold winter's evening. I can't wait to try it. And I wish you well as you deal with the loss of your uncle and the preparations for your new home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Let me know the outcome. I love it very much too! And thanks again for your thoughtful encouragement.

      Delete
  2. So sorry for your loss. The soup looks very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good, Mrs. Berg! Can't wait to try this (after I convince either my mom or girlfriend to make it).

    ReplyDelete