Sunday 11 November 2012

Homemade Chocolates - Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen #SundaySupper


The festive season is around the corner and can't wait for the Holidays to be arrived.   There is this convenient  shop selling household items  has attracted me and Simon to walk in after our breakfast this morning.  The colorful decor items for the coming season greetings in front of the shop is really alluring. 

Even though as a Buddhist, I don't  celebrate Christmas myself but I do enjoy the Christmas atmosphere especially the gift exchange part which I used to do with my fellow colleagues in the office, decorating the office and of course some get-together on the Christmas eve.

So, have you prepared your shopping list and have you figure out what you want to get for your family members, relatives, friends and you love one?  Have you ever thought to create to get something from your kitchen or from your own hands instead getting them from the store?  This Sunday our #SundaySupper team is sharing their ideas of Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen.  This was an idea from our team member Susan from  The Wimpy Vegetarian.  Love this theme so much.  Thank you Susan for this wonderful idea.  

I am sure whoever has received something that made out from the bottom of your heart will be a precious one for the receiver.  For me, I wish the one who received my gift with a sweet memory.  So, I have decided to make Homemade Chocolates, that's not only bring sweet memories but to show them my heart to them, as all my chocolates will be in heart shape :-).

Don't worry about the trouble of making it as this is a rather simple and easy steps to prepare.  Just go the bakery ingredients shop and tell them you wish to get cooking chocolate.  They are many choices for you.  You may choose those already with or without milk powder, sweetness, etc.  I have choose the one already mix with milk powder and sweetness in it.  I also wish to add some fillings in the chocolates and my choice is almond nibs.  You may choose others fillings like almonds, hazelnuts or something sweet like glazed cherries, orange peel, etc. Those of you who love nuts, please make sure you toss or roast the  nuts before you use it.  Oh ya, you also need to get the molds with shapes that you like, there are various choices for you and I prefer the heart shape.  Let's get started.


INGREDIENTS 
500 gm cooking chocolate
50 gm almond nibs
(The above yield about 20 heart shape of chocolates)


DIRECTIONS

1.   Toss the almond nibs in a frying pan with low heat until it turns brownish and crispy.
      You may also use your oven to roast it too.

2.   Cut the cooking chocolates in small cubes and place them in a pot.

3.   Bring a separate bigger pot of water to boil.  Once boil, lower the heat and place the pot
      of cooking chocolates on the boiling water and lets the cooking chocolates to melt under
      the heat.  This process also called as double boiling.


4.   Stir occasionally until its melt and smooth.  Remove from heat.  Leave it to cold for few      minutes and use a spoon to fill into the mold.  As you need to fill with fillings, fill up half of
      the mold.  Once done, fill in with the almond nibs on top layer and then cover another
      layer of the melt chocolate on top or to fill up the mold.




5.   Level out the tray neatly and refrigerate for a while.   


6.   Remove from the fridge then remove the mold and wrap them in colored paper and place
       it nicely in the gift box.  A gift of box of chocolates is ready!







Find out more ideas from the rest of the #SundaySupper contributors for Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen:

HOLIDAY GIFTS FROM THE KITCHEN #SUNDAYSUPPER:

Breads / Breakfast

Condiments / Ingredients

Soup and Snacks

Sweets

Drinks

48 comments:

  1. So pretty! And so easy too. What a lovely gift to give someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! These are just beautiful and would make the perfect gift to make someone feel special. I am so glad you shared this recipe during #SundaySupper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I am sure this will make a perfect gift. Thank you for your comment, Isabel!

      Delete
  3. Gifts from the heart are always a in season...no matter the reason :). Your chocolates are beautiful. And mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. Mouthwatering....me too when I do the filling:-)

      Delete
  4. So cute! I need to get one of those awesome molds so I can make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chung-Ah, those molds also suitable for jellies too!

      Delete
  5. These are just incredible Faye! A wonderful and thoughtful gift. I´m impressed with your chocolate making abilities! Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, if there is a chance, I'll love to make you a box too!

      Delete
  6. Your chocolates turned out so pretty and professional! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! These look like something you could get in a chocolate shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...great idea Jen! I shall consider to start a business with these chocolates. Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  8. These are adorable. What a fantastic idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tora! I love to receive chocolates as gift too!

      Delete
  9. I make homemade chocolate every year and these are gorgeous!! Lovely gift!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please share your chocolates recipe with us too! Thank you Tara!

      Delete
  10. Sigh. This reminds me of my grandmother. She used to make us homemade chocolates every Christmas. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear...she must be a very capable lady that made you miss her so much. Maybe you want to make some using her recipe? Have a great day Conni!

      Delete
  11. These are fabulous. I would very much like a box please :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those chocolates look amasing. I would love a box of homemade chocolates at christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I wont miss out chocolates during Christmas. Thank you Veronica!

      Delete
  13. You always have such good ideas! I'm planning to make fondant filled ones this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah....can't wait to see your version of chocolates!

      Delete
  14. These are a thing of beauty. Great job! I was just thinking about making chocolates today, and you come along and make it look so easy. I think I'm going to put my big girl panties on a give it a try. Love the addition of the almonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennie, I shall try on other fillings soon.

      Delete
  15. These look great! Thanks for sharing! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, I know Christmas is coming up and these would be so great for that, but I just got to thinking how special it would be to give homemade chocolates like these for Valentine's Day. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful gift this would make! My family would be delighted to receive a box of your delicious chocolates!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I have this opportunity too Lizzy. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  18. These came out perfect! I'll take (and put in my belly) any that didn't come out as nice! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...make sure you leave behind some for to give out!

      Delete
  19. These are gorgeous. I would be so wickedly happy to receive these as a gift. Whoever you give these too is one lucky duck. If I made them they`d never get to who they were intended for. I`d eat them all up before I could give them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Maybe you wanna to just make for yourself...LOL!

      Delete
  20. These look so super cute and so professional SeetFei!!!Love love love it!!!!This would certainly please me and my family for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Soni! I wish to give a box to you for your Diwali celebrations! Haha!

      Delete
  21. Seriously, how pretty are these candies!!! Mine never look like this. Great job and perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you can do the same too, Megan! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  22. awww these are so cute. I love that you added almonds to the chocolate. They look so fancy. Everyone loves a chocolate gift because you never know when you are going to need a chocolate fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sarah, chocolates always the favorite for gift. Thank you!

      Delete
  23. Wow, they are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate to see how you put them together. ~ Bea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for your encouraging comment, Bea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These chocolate hearts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete