It was a long weekend.....and we just back from our shot trip to Tawau and Sandakan. Even though it was a little tired but we were satisfied as we able to take short break after such a long time.
After few days break from not cooking, I was looking forward for an easy to prepare recipe and I have thought of this - Stir Fried Smooth Chicken Cubes with Peppers.
You guys must be wondering why I named this dish as "smooth chicken cubes" even though I am using chicken breast meat for this recipe. Yes, this is the specialty of this dish. The answer is I had used egg white as one of the ingredients to marinate the chicken cubes. And I also pan-fried the chicken cubes.
From this dish you will not only able to taste the smoothness of the chicken meat but you will also able to taste the sweetness and also the savory of the chicken cubes as I have used peppers and carrot to go together with it. I am sure you going to like it especially for those who doesn't like the fussy of the chicken bones.
300gm chicken breast meat, cut into cubes
2 tbsp cooking oil to pan fry the chicken cubes
1 tbsp cooking oil for stir frying
1 medium size of green or red pepper, cut into chunks
5 slices of ginger
10 slices of carrot
1 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
Seasoning to marinate the chicken cubes:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 egg white
1/2 tbsp corn flour
Others Mixed Seasoning:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Dash of ground pepper
100ml water mixed with 1 tsp corn starch for thickening
- Combine chicken cubes with all marinating seasoning and marinade for 30 minutes
- Heat-up oil, pan-fry chicken cubes until 90% cooked and removed from pan.
- Leave 1 tbsp oil in the wok or pan, saute garlic and sliced ginger until aromatic. Add in carrot and peppers.
- Add in the mixed seasoning and the chicken cubes, leave it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from wok or pan and serve.