800gm - Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
4 ripe - Bananas, sliced
2 tsb - Ground cinnamon powder
4 tbsp - Soft brown sugar
1/2 cup - Evaporated milk
225g - Plain flour, sifted
100g - Cold butter, diced
80g - Soft brown sugar
40g - Chopped walnuts
- Combine apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon powder and evaporated milk in a saucepan or pot. Cook over low fire until apples turn soft. Add in bananas and turn off fire. Leave it to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170◦C.
- Spoon apple mixture onto muffin cups.
- To make the crumble, rub or mix cold butter and flour with your finger tip until its turned crumbly. Add in soft brown sugar and lastly the chopped walnuts.
- Cover apple banana mixture with crumble. Do not press down on crumble. Put a little slice of walnut on top as decor.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crumble turns golden brown.