Yesterday my hubby has reminded me that I did not cook curry for quite some time. Knowing curry is one of his favorites and he had hinted me to cook, I had this idea - curry chicken with potatoes and turned them into spring rolls as snack for our weekend tea time.
This recipe of spring rolls does not need any dipping sauce to go with it as the taste of fillings are juicy and flavorful enough with spices. You may reduce the portion of the ingredients if you do not like the level spiciness to be too strong. Both of us just satisfied with the taste of them!
Is another simple and easy snack recipe for home-gathering or party, hope you like it too!
400 gm minced chicken meat
2 medium size potatoes
2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chili paste
4-5 shallots, mince
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup chicken stock or water
4 tbsp cooking oil
12 pieces of spring roll wrappers
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix chicken meat with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Wash and clean potatoes, boil them until cooked. Remove skin and cut them into small cubes.
3. Heat-up 4 tbsp cooking oil in a skillet or wok, saute minced shallots and ginger until fragrant.
4. Add in curry powder, turmeric powder and chili paste, follow by chicken stock or water and let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in chicken meat and continue to cook until almost cooked, follow by cooked potatoes, lime juice and season with salt and sugar or to your desired taste and let them cook for 10-15 minutes. Once done, set aside and let the fillings to cool down.
6. Prepare wrappers, make sure you prepare a piece of wet cloth to cover the remaining wrappers to avoid drying out, while you are working on one of them.
7. Spread a wrapper on a flat surface and started to wrap according as shown in the pictures below. I used about 2 tbsp fillings for each of the spring roll. Repeat until all fillings finished.
8. Heat-up oil in a pot or wok, deep fry the spring rolls by portions until golden color, drain and serve immediately.