Sunday 6 March 2016

Mandarin Pork Ribs


Hi everyone, I am back after taking a month long of break, as I was away from home for almost three weeks.  I had a good bonding time with my family members during the Chinese New Year celebrations and right after that I was adapting in a new working environment.  As I am more settle down with everything now, is time for me to back to my kitchen.

As the Chinese New Year celebrations had just over, I am sure most of the Chinese families will still have some Mandarin oranges leftover in the fridge.  Well, I have made use it to come out with a tantalizing dish - Mandarin Pork Ribs.

For those who loves the citrus taste in your food, this recipe can be your consideration.  I used the fresh juice from the Mandarin oranges not only on the sauce of glaze, but also when I do my pork ribs marinating.   It's did not fail me, I got the taste that I desired!

Ingredients

500 g pork ribs, cleaned and dried with paper towels

Marinate for pork ribs
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp fresh Mandarin oranges juice
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spices powder

1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp potato flour

Sauce
4 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp fresh Mandarin oranges juice
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely minced or grated orange zest

Oil for deep frying

Garnishing
1 tbsp finely minced or grated orange zest
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Some spring onions


Instructions

1.   Marinade pork ribs for at least an hour.
2.   Add in egg mixture, cornflour and potato flour into the marinated pork ribs, mix well.
3.   Heat-up oil in a wok or pot.  Deep fry the pork ribs in medium high heat (make sure not on high heat) until golden brown color or cooked.  Drain.
3.    In a pan on low heat, add in sugar and cook until dissolved.  
4.   Add in Mandarin oranges juice and lemon juice which will crystallize the sugar.  Add in grated orange zest.
5.    While waiting for the sugar to dissolve, reheat the frying oil on high heat.  Return the pork ribs in the hot oil and transfer them in the crystallize glaze of sauce.  Mix well with the sauce.
6.   Transfer the glazed pork ribs on serving plate.  Off heat.
7.   Garnish with sesame seeds, grated orange zest and spring onions and serve immediately.















No comments:

Post a Comment