Sunday 22 November 2015

Traditional Egg Cake


Today, I am going to share a recipe of one of my favorite snacks during my childhood - the traditional egg cake or Chinese sponge cake.  My memories went back to when I was in primary school.  These mini egg cakes are always my choice during the breaks.  Normally, there are ten pieces in a pack and it will last me for two days.   

I did not know that to make these small wonders that needs so simple ingredients - eggs, cake flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and last but not least is oil.  And the steps of making them are so easy.  You will just need to spend about 30 minutes for preparation and  baking time of 20 minutes and you will get soft, spongy and tasty cakes.


Ingredients

5 medium size eggs
150g cake flour
100g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
30g oil

The above ingredients can yield 12 mini cakes.



Instructions

1.  Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2.  Whip eggs, sugar and salt in at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3.  Fold in sifted cake flour and baking powder, combine them with a spatula.
4.  Add in oil and mix until well combined.
5.  Pour batter into greased muffin tin molds and baked for 20 minutes or until the cakes turned golden brown color.
6.  Set aside and let it cold before removing from the muffin tin.












No comments:

Post a Comment