This recipe is special meant for those who do not like creamy type of cakes and I am one of them J ! Munching nuts could be an additive but how would it taste if we added in a cake?
I have chosen walnuts, almonds and pistachios to blend in with butter base cake.
Why these 3 types of nuts? Walnuts – one of the best plant sources of protein, rich in fiber too. It bring together with almonds that are lower in saturated fat and contain many other protective nutrients. How can we miss out pistachios for its delicious and its color to brighten up your cake?
You will love the combination – the crunchy nuts with the butter base that comes along with some coffee essence and chocolate milk. It’s definitely a best choice for tea time. Trust me, when you have done with the first piece, you certainly will look for the second piece.
It is a rather simple recipe and an easy home-made cake. I am sure you will like it. I have to go for my tea break now!
150g brown sugar
150g high protein flour
50g self-raising flour
100g chocolate milk
1 tsp coffee essence
(Toast and chop)
- Preheat oven
- Beat butter and sugar till whitened.
- Add eggs – one after another, combine the mixture with first egg before adding the second and the third egg. Beat well.
- Pour in Ingredients (B) and continue to beat until well-blended.
- Lastly, add in Ingredients (C) or mixed nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased tray.
- Bake at 170◦C for 40 minutes or till it cooked.