A Passion for Bread........Bread is a rich and fascinating source of exciting recipes and expert information. Bread has enduring culinary and cultural significance all around the world. The making of bread requires little more than a pair of your hands, an oven, patience and of course a love or passionJ. Here I would like to share my first experience on making bread, the Cream Cheese Bread. If you want me to tell you my feeling on bread making – Bread is Alive! Happy Trying!
Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 kg bread flour
- 15g instant dried yeast
- 55g milk powder
- 60g sugar
- 100g butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 600g water
- 20g salt
- 1 egg – beaten
- Hand-mix bread flour, instant dried yeast, milk powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in cream cheese and water and knead to form a dough.
- Add in butter, continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Shape the dough as for a long loaf and place into a greased loaf tin.
- Cover dough with clear film or a towel. Let it prove for 50 – 60 minutes, or till it doubles its size.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in an oven pre-heated to 180◦C for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cream cheese adds a creamy and cheesy aroma to white bread. It is ideal for sandwiching smoked salmon and other smoked meats.
|Kneeding & Shaping|
|Place dough into the loaf tin|
|Bread is ready|
|Cream Cheese Bread is ready to serve|